Light Sources, In Beta
A super early preview of Light Sources has landed in beta. Light Sources is
one of the most requested features on our
and we are extremely excited to make progress on this impressively cool
We are already encouraged by initial feedback from the beta team and will
provide an update when Light Sources are available for everyone. For now, enjoy
the short preview below.
Multiple Health Bars
No, this isn't a crossover between Astral and /r/2healthbars.
We have been working on making it so players and GMs can add and edit multiple
status bars to their characters. This is perfect for tracking stats such as
Sanity, as found in Call of Cthulu, or any other custom attribute you can think
You will be able to edit the color and visibility of the status bar PLUS link the bars to character sheet stats.
No more managing separate stats for HP.
We look forward to releasing this for beta users this week.
New Assets This Week For Supporters
Sure it's cute, and is sitting on a mountain of gold, but I heard these things will rip you to shreds.
All paid supporters unlocked 22 new tokens this week, containing daringly cute
dragons for your adorable and abominable adventures.
As always, you can also purchase this pack from the marketplace.
New on the Marketplace
We would like to formally welcome Bandit Camp
to the Astral Marketplace! Check out the latest releases this week!
Merchant Applications Open
Interested in becoming an Astral Marketplace Merchant? Please send an email
to [email protected] with
examples of your work, and we’ll pick up the conversation there.
How are we doing?
We rely on community feedback and participation to help us deliver the best
tools possible in the most effective way. Taking a simple 2 minute survey could
help the Astral team drastically improve the coming development period.
Please take a moment to check out the survey here: Take the 2-minute feedback survey
Use this opportunity to have your voice heard!
We continue to address reported issues and requests. As always, we are very interested in your feedback.
- New Template Characters!
- MÖRK BORG templates available
- Characters available in English (EN) and Swedish (SE)
- Pocket Fantasy RPG Templates available
- Characters available in English (EN) and Italian (IT)
- A reminder to all that we accept translated sheet submissions. Thanks to community members Checco and Claes for these submissions and translations!
- Beta: Light Sources
Thank you to everyone who reported issues this week.
- 5E Content: Swarm of Spiders & Swarm of Beetles now show correct icons, not crows
- Players creating characters from template will no longer lose the template sheet
- 13th Age template updated
- Thanks to community member JacksonH for this support!
- Icon Relationships section now gives the correct number of Relationship points at 5th and 8th levels.
- Added new stat, checkboxes, and action to accommodate 5 Icon Relationship points.
- Added “AddBg” stat, which equals the currently-selected background. Skill check actions now use this stat, instead of deriving the selected background in the action.
- Adjusted PDF layout to accommodate more lines for text
- Cyberpunk Red template and game characters updated to use proper syntax
- Thanks to community member LaMorte for continuing to maintain the Cyberpunk template.
- PF2E Template Character received some much-needed love:
- Thanks to community member VestOfHolding for all this support!
- Added an action on the spell page for spell attack rolls.
- Added possible initiative rolls to more skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, and Performance.
- Attacks now respect the bludgeoning/piercing/slashing checkboxes and change damage type accordingly.
- Changed the damage rolls on all six attacks to be delayed rolls.
- Added an action on the spell page to check if the Stupefied condition would stop a character from casting a spell.
- Cleaned up a few zombie actions that didn’t show up on the sheet.
- Changed default attribute scores from 8 to 10, as this is the game’s default.
- Added a few common conditions to the condition box that the player can change the value of, and have those values affect the sheet. The added conditions are: Clumsy, Enfeebled, Frightened, Sickened, and Stupefied. These all come with labeled actions to see the full text description of the condition.
- Changed the cantrip level to be a stat, rather than text, which makes it more usable for possible spell actions. Plus it now automatically updates per level.
- Added checkboxes for the Finesse weapon trait on the melee weapons.
- Added checkboxes to weapon proficiencies.
- Added checkboxes to magic traditions and caster type.
- Cleaned up a few zombie checkboxes that didn’t show up on the sheet.
- Unified the variable naming style. Now it’s all camelcase.
- Changed “CRB p#” to simply “p#” in the actions.
- Changed default token size from 2x2 to 1x1, as most player characters are medium size, or one square.
📣 We're Listening
We're continuing to look at the forums for feature requests,
support tickets, and Discord to hear what you all have to say.
Please don't hesitate to reach out and voice your feedback.
Our table always has an open seat, let us know what you think.
That's all for now!
Thanks for reading and for being a dedicated Astralnaut! We look forward to
bringing you more updates from the Astral Plane.
- Team Astral