Improved Game Interface, Available Now!
We've spent the past few weeks cleaning up the game interface and we're
incredibly excited to finally make it available for all our incredible Game
Get a quick 5-minute overview of all the changes, plus maybe learn a new trick or two.
We continue to address reported issues and requests. As always, we are very interested in your feedback.
- Improved game interface for Game Masters
- Easily navigate tools using the left Power Bar
- Power Bar fades when inactive to reveal more of the map while playing
- Transparent tools lets you see more of the action
- Improved map layer rotation
- Now when you grab an object by the corner handle you can rotate it more smoothly to your preferred orientation
- Tokens and UI will always appear on top of other tokens when hovering or selected
- Portal page displays player characters
- "Move Party Here" context menu option, move entire party to a single location with a right-click
- Maps with many, many drawings are rendered faster
- Tokens without portraits and better outlined when selected
- Added "Create Character by Portrait" tool back to Characters tool so players of non-DnD games can still quickly create characters
Thank you to everyone who reported issues this week.
- Moving a character when the "Update vision on drop" setting is enabled and Dynamic Lighting is off could not be moved past their vision
- Player Brush Tool is no longer cut off the screen
- Portal page correctly displays game name in browser title
- Edit grid inputs do not overflow menu in Firefox
- Re-engineered token sizing for hex grids so larger token sizes better match larger hex grid patterns. Your giants will now take up the right number of hexes.
- Creating new characters as a player from within the game screen now properly creates the template character with character sheet (Previously, an update to characters made it so the visible sheet portion of the template was not applied)
New on the Marketplace
Check out the latest releases this week!
Merchant Applications Open
Interested in becoming an Astral Marketplace Merchant? Please send an email
to [email protected] with
examples of your work, and we’ll pick up the conversation there.
Oh, and one more thing …
We frequently check the forums for feature
requests and know there are a
lot of you who want to see light sources. We'll leave you with this for now.
Beta users might expect this feature later this week or early next week. Enjoy!
📣 We're Listening
We're continuing to look at the forums for feature requests,
support tickets, and Discord to hear what you all have to say.
Please don't hesitate to reach out and voice your feedback.
Our table always has an open seat, let us know what you think.
That's all for now!
Thanks for reading and for being a dedicated Astralnaut! We look forward to
bringing you more updates from the Astral Plane.
- Team Astral